* required fields
Brumbies Rugby invites any women or girls 16 years or over to an open selection trial and development session on Tuesday 20th November at Griffith Oval No. 2, in Griffith ACT, from 6-7pm.
We encourage all Women in the region who have an interest in rugby to attend, even if they have never played the game before. Experienced players and coaches will be on hand to run through a series of skills and drills and to outline the upcoming Women's Representative Program, which includes trips to Darwin, Kiama and Sydney. The program will then move into 15s later in the season.
Key dates for the program are (more dates will be added as the program develops):
- Open Selection trial / come and try session – Tuesday 20th November, 6-7pm, Griffith Oval No. 2
- Training session 2 – Tuesday 27th November, 6-7pm, Griffith Oval No. 2
- Training session 3 – Tuesday 4th December, 6-7pm, Griffith Oval No. 2
- Training session 4 – Tuesday 11th December, 6-7pm, Griffith Oval No. 2
- Darwin 7s Competition – Friday 25th to Monday 28th January, Darwin
- Kiama 7s Competition – Saturday 23rd February, Kiama NSW (TBC)
- Warringah 7s – dates TBC
- National 7s competition – Friday 12th to Sunday 14th April, Sydney
7’s Rugby is a shortened version of Rugby, is extremely quick with a lot of action and has recently been included as an Olympic Sport for the 2016 Olympics. This is the pathway for women in the ACT and Southern New South Wales to make the Australian Olympic Team.
If you are not able to attend this session but are still interested, or for further details please contact Caitlin Ryan on (02) 6283 8519 or email@example.com