Can you believe we’re in Round 6 already ? Already five games in to the 2019 season, the Plus500 Brumbies take on the Reds in Brisbane today, hoping to secure back to back wins for the first time this season.
STATE OF PLAY
Last Friday’s result against the Waratahs was huge for the Brumbies, not just because it was against the old enemy.
It meant the Brumbies stayed in touch with the pack at the top of Super Rugby, and now ACT have a chance to climb up the table, while burying their Aussie rivals, the Reds.
Queensland stared at the end of their season straight in the eyes last week and showed impressive resolve to come back against the Sunwolves.
But, if the Brumbies can prevail at Suncorp this afternoon, it will be a long way back for the Reds.
WORDS TO THE MEDIA
HEAD TO HEAD
- Each of the last five Super Rugby games between the Reds and Brumbies have been won by the home team on the day, with the ACT side picking up a 45-21 win in their most recent encounter.
- The Reds have won three of their last four Super Rugby games when hosting Australian opposition, more than they had won in their 13 such fixtures prior.
- The Brumbies will be looking to win consecutive Australian derbies in Super Rugby for the first time since winning 10 on the bounce from June 2015 to April 2017.
- The Reds have scored two tries after stealing a lineout this Super Rugby campaign, the other teams combined have scored just three in this fashion.
- Brumbies’ duo Rory Arnold (23) and Sam Carter (21) have won more lineouts on their own throw than any other players in Super Rugby 2019.
Live on Fox Sports, Kayo Sports
Sunday 24 March 2019
Reds v Plus500 Brumbies
(Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 16:05, AEDT)