For a chance to win $100,000.00, at each of our 2017 home games (7), any person wearing an Austbrokers Canberra promotional t-shirt after being fired out of a t-shirt launcher at random into the crowd during the pre-game period will be in the running to be selected for a half-time challenge. Six (6) people will be selected at random from the crowd by an Austbrokers Canberra employee and our game-day announcer (Kristin Davis). The only criteria for selection is to be wearing a blue Austbrokers Canberra t-shirt.
At half-time the six selected patrons will go through several challenges (non physical) until one person remains. That one person must then select one rugby ball out of a total of 50 balls randomly. One of these balls will be nominated with the $100,000 prize. The balls will have small numbers attached to them, the 49 balls not nominated with the $100,000 prize will have a consolation prize donated by Austbrokers Canberra.
If the major $100,000 prize is won, the contestant must hold a current, financial Brumbies Rugby membership, to claim the $100,000 prize. If the winning contestant does not hold a current, financial Brumbies Rugby membership, then the contestant will be awarded a $50,000 cash prize, with the remaining $50,000 to be donated to ACT & Southern Inland Rugby Union for the purpose of Community Rugby. If the consolation prize is won, the prize will remain the same for both Brumbies Rugby members and non-members.
- ACT Trade Promotion Permit: ACT TP 17/00400
- Selection eligible for any 2017 Brumbies Spectator that is 10 years of age or older and wearing an Austbrokers Canberra promotional t-shirt
- Selection limited to one entry per spectator per round
- Spectators wearing the blue Austbrokers Canberra promotional t-shirt at subsequent matches will also be eligible for selection
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITION
1. ACT Gambling & Racing Commission has on the 03 March 2017, granted Permit No ACT TP 17/00400 for the “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” The Promoter of the “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” competition is ACT & Southern NSW Rugby Union Limited, Building 29, University of Canberra, Bruce, ACT 2617 (ABN: 54156410155 ).
2. The Prize(s) Supplier is Austbrokers Canberra Pty Limited (and/or their arranged Insurance Underwriter), Unit 1, Lyell Centre, Cnr Lyell & Newcastle Streets Fyshwick ACT 2609 (ABN: 36 123 669 992).
3. Awarded prizes across this promotion will be delivered (or arrangements made in respect to delivery with winner) within a reasonable 30-day period from time of determination.
4. To be selected, entrants must complete the steps outlined above for the “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” competition.
5. Entry is free of charge, but open only to ticketed Brumbies spectators, present at the respective match.
6. If the major $100,000 prize is won, the contestant must hold a current, financial Brumbies Rugby membership, to claim the $100,000 prize. If the winning contestant does not hold a current, financial Brumbies Rugby membership, then the contestant will be awarded a $50,000 cash prize, with the remaining $50,000 to be donated to ACT & Southern Inland Rugby Union for the purpose of Community Rugby. If the consolation prize is won, the prize will remain the same for both Brumbies Rugby members and non-members.
7. Information on how to enter and the prizes on offer form part of these Terms and Conditions as does the Promotion Overview Section supplied above. All documents will be housed on the Brumbies website www.brumbies.com.au including the selection criteria and detail.
8. Participation in “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and is purely at the discretion of the Spectator.
9. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, agents, contractors, service providers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
10. For avoidance of doubt, entrants consent to the Promoter using their name and image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion and subsequent similar promotions.
11. This Trade Promotion will be promoted widely via all available channels as deemed necessary by the Promoter to maximise entries.
12. Direct Employees, Immediate Family Members and Board of Director Representatives of ACT & Southern NSW Rugby Union Limited, Austbrokers Canberra are not eligible to enter.
13. The “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” competition will begin Saturday 4th March 2017 at the Brumbies first home game. This Trade Promotion finishes at the conclusion of the 2017 Super Rugby regular season (i.e. 3rd June at the Brumbies last home game).
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and financial status with the Club) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
15. Only ticketed Brumbies spectators will be eligible to enter the “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” competition and eligible to win.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with the “2017 Austbrokers Canberra Challenge” or others enquiring about this Trade Promotion, excluding Regulatory organisation obligations.
17. The consolation prizes offered are subject to change at any time. The Promoter and the Prize Supplier reserve the right to offer a substitute prize of comparable value if for some reason, the prize stated in these Terms and Conditions is not available.
18. Any person between the ages of 10-17 years who is successful in winning a cash prize will be granted such under the direction of advice from parent or legal guardian. In the absence of such a person (and directive), the money will be held in trust by the Club for the winner until suitable arrangements are both determined and verified.
19. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner may be required by the Promoter to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize Supplier in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
20. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Prize Supplier, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- a) to disqualify any entrant; or
- b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- Any questions, comments or complaints requiring response about this promotion must be directed in writing directly to the Promoter via www.brumbies.com.au with return contact details.