Six Brumbies have been named to face Wales this Saturday night in Brisbane, with Nic White in line to make his international debut from the bench.
It’s the first time White has been chosen in a national 22-man squad having risen through the University of Canberra Brumbies ranks over the last three seasons.
Alongside him on the bench are Ben Alexander, Michael Hooper and Stephen Moore, who all featured heavily on Tuesday night against Scotland in Newcastle. Between Friday and Tuesday night Moore played 160 minutes of rugby going close to player’s player on both occasions.
Retaining their starting jerseys for the Welsh clash are Pat McCabe and Joe Tomane. While he was given little opportunity during the Scotland Test, Tomane still managed to tackle and run his way into the game. He forms a dangerous wing combination with Reds Digby Ioane.
Pat McCabe reclaims the No 12 jersey for the Welsh Test and will be looked for metres over the advantage line. His gap proof defence will also come in handy with Wales boasting one of the most potent backlines in the world.
The Qantas Wallabies team to play in the first Castrol EDGE Wales Tour Test match for the James Bevan Trophy at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday (kick-off: 8pm AEST) is:
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
3. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
7. David Pocock (captain, Western Force)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
14. Joe Tomane (Brumbies)
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
18. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
19. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
20. Nic White (Brumbies)
21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
22. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)