Brumbies Rugby receives numerous requests each season from charitable organisations seeking support for their causes. As an organisation Brumbies Rugby endeavours to support as many charities and the local Canberra community as much as possible.
In 2014 the University of Canberra Brumbies will nominate an “Official Charity Partner of the Brumbies” and eight “Official Match Day Charity Partners”. Menslink have been selected as the Official Charity Partner of the Brumbies for 2014. Brumbies Rugby are currently seeking applications for our 2014 Official Match Day Charity Partners.
This document provides information on guidelines and the application process to apply to become one of the eight Official Match Day Charity Partners with Brumbies Rugby in 2014.
2014 University of Canberra Brumbies Home Fixtures
University of Canberra Brumbies vs:
- Queensland Reds – Saturday 22nd February, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- NSW Waratahs – Saturday 15th March, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- Cape Town Stormers – Saturday 22nd March, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- Auckland Blues – Friday 4th April, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- Wikato Chiefs – Friday 25th April, 2014 (ANZAC Day) – 5.40pm Kick Off
- Durban Sharks – Saturday 10th May, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- Melbourne Rebels – Saturday 31st May, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
- Western Force – Friday, 11th July, 2014 – 7.40pm Kick Off
Charity Partner Title
Selected charity organisations will be recognised as an ‘Official Match Day Charity Partner’ of the Brumbies 2014.
Qualifying for Support
Brumbies Rugby will assess each application individually and give preference to those organisations which are:
- Located in the Brumbies region (ACT & Southern NSW); and
- Are educational, charitable, community, youth and/or rugby related.
Brumbies Rugby does not support:
- Religious or political organisations, unless it considers the benefit provided is genuinely charitable and available to the broader community on a non-denominational basis;
- Organisations or groups who discriminate or limit membership based on race, gender, beliefs, class or cultural considerations.
Benefits to the Charity
Brumbies Rugby will endeavour to provide the selected ‘Official Match Day Charity Partner’ the following benefits:
- Brand exposure to over 15,000 match day attendees (number cannot be guaranteed)
- Acknowledgement as the ‘Official Match Day Charity Partner’ in “Stampede” – the Brumbies Rugby official match day program
- Acknowledgement and story on www.brumbies.com.au in the week of the home match
- Mentions in relevant media releases (eg. Weekly update) relating to the match day
- Acknowledgement on the venue big screen via static slide *
- Acknowledgement via the venue PA
- The right to conduct fundraising activities (eg. tin rattle) on match day
- Acknowledgement and promotional flyer placement in all Brumbies rugby controlled match day hospitality precincts **
- Provided with an official match ball, signed by the captains of both teams and the match referee.
*Must be designed, created by the ‘Official Match Day Charity Partner’ to the specifications provided
**Must be provided by the ‘Official Match Day Charity Partner’
Applications will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria and must be submitted by the due date as advised by Brumbies Rugby
- The Charity must clearly describe their objectives and a proposal outlining the onsite activities they wish to implement on the day. All activities will be subject to Brumbies Rugby approval.
- Type of event activation – range of activities planned for the site
- Promotion of event activations
- Using a mascot
- The Charity must outline all possible benefits to Brumbies Rugby
- Promotion of the match through website to their local and national subscribers and branches
- In store promotion (if applicable)
- Use of Brumbies logo
- The Charity must list all preferred logistical requirements. These are not guaranteed and will be subject to approval by Brumbies Rugby
- Brumbies Rugby can provide one (1) 3x3 marquee, tables and chairs
- The use of a branded marquee is recommended for best exposure
- Charity to supply; staff, promotional collateral, banners, etc
- Friday 17th January 2014 - Application closing date
- Friday 24th January 2014 - Assessment completed & applicants advised if shortlisted/unsuccessful
- Friday 31st January 2014 – Successful Charities notified and publicised on Brumbies Rugby website
Applications should be forwarded to:
Ticketing, Match Day Operations and Customer Engagement Manager
Phone: 02 6283 8510