ACTJRU REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS
2015 ACT&SNSW BOYS U18's 7's REPRESENTATIVE SQUAD
Congratulations to the following players who have been selected in the 2014/15 ACT Boys U18's 7's Squad who will now start training in preparation for the National Championships.
ACT Boys U18's 7's Squad: Click Here
This program gives selected players the opportunity to train in the 2014-15 Brumbies National 7s program within the Brumbies 7’s Academy. The Brumbies Pathway Program (BPP) provides a select group of players in each 7’s group the extra opportunity to further prepare and develop for National competitions in late February and early March 2015.
This pathway program will be designed and implemented by the Brumbies elite coaching staff to build a stronger pathway into representative 7’s rugby and beyond. This program will provide all participants the opportunity to enhance their rugby from a technical skills and physical development perspective.
2015 ACT&SNSW JUNIOR GOLD CUP REPRESENTATIVE SQUADS
Congratulations to the following players who have been selected in the 2015 ACT&SNSW JGC Final Squads for the following ages groups: U15's & U17's. Both age groups will now commence training in preperation for the Junior Gold Cup National Youth Competition which will take place in early 2015.
Under 15's JGC Final Squad: Click Here
Under 17's JGC Final Squad: Click Here
The Junior Gold Cup is a national long term development and competition program at U15 & U17 agle levels. This program provides a great opportunity for players, coaches, administrators & match officials to be invloved in high levels of representative rugby programing. The scheduling of the JGC Program allows players to compete in a National Competition involving 24 teams in each age group while at the same time being to participate in their local club and school competitions
Players selected in their regional Junior Gold Cup squads will receive:
- Periodised expert coaching from highly trained local coaches & involvement from fulltime ARU Elite Program coaching staff
- Strength & conditioning programs delivered by highly trained local coaches & designed by fulltime ARU coaching staff
- An extensive 'lifeskills' program - Australian Rugby's off field development program promoting character development, respect and behavioural standards
- National competition involvment and exposure
Teams participating at both U15 & U17 levels are as follows:
- Queensland: Brisbane(4), Gold Coast, Darling Downs, Sunshine Coast, Central QLD, Townsville, Cairns
- NSW: Sydney(4), Western NSW, Illawarra, Central Coast, Hunter, Northern Inland, North Coast; & ACT&SNSW, WA, SA, VIC